Ayurveda considers health as not just absence of diseases, but ‘perfect balance of body constituents, proper elimination and wellness of sensory and motor perception, mind and soul.’ In order to attain this health almost all Ayurveda doctrines explains vividly how we can take care of ourselves on a daily basis. There are daily regimes, seasonal regimes, diet advises and advises on how to calm your mind. Ayurveda can help you to live in harmony with nature and to find your inner peace and wellness, which will help you to lead a happy life.
Unique principles help Ayurveda to understand body more than tissue functions and act on early manifestations of pathology. By looking into your skin, digestion, pulse and so on an Ayurvedic practitioner assesses the state of your health, and helps you to balance your body. When diseases are manifested Ayurvedic medicines and treatments help you to regain your health. Studies and experiences prove that Ayurveda can be successfully used along with contemporary medicine to combat diseases and get back to normal health. Apart from addressing symptoms that are scattered around body, Ayurveda considers the whole individual, assesses the root physical and mental problems and pathology and treats accordingly. Ayurveda can act along with western medicine to alleviate diseases and/ or reduce the side effects of western medicine.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda, a holistic system of health and healing, is the wisdom of ancient India on health. It is a time tested medical system that served humanity and survived in Indian subcontinent for more than last 5000 years.
Ayurveda is a natural medicine of Indian subcontinent having a holistic approach and recognised by World health Organisations (WHO). Instead of treating diseases, it treats patients. Comparing to other systems of medicines, it is unique in different ways.
When To Go For Ayurvedic
Ayurveda, time tested medical system of India, is a well established holistic system. It is a system survived and developed against all odd times for more than 5000 years. Ayurveda has a strong theoretical basis and long detailed evidences encoded in various ...
Ayurvedic Body Types
We are different from one another. We look different, act different and react differently. Even if we compare among siblings where genetic and environmental factors are similar, they are considerably different in their looks, likes and temper.
Ayurveda is Helpful to
- Improve your wellness and health.
- Problems of digestion, elimination, skin, hairs, breathing, allergy, sexual life, mental health, peri menopausal symptoms and so on.
- To deal with skin diseases, menstrual problems, infertility, diseases of nervous system, bones and joints, autoimmune disorders, deficiency diseases, life style disorders, metabolic disorders and chronic diseases like arthritis, asthma, etc.
Ayurvedic Consultations and Treatments include
- Understanding your body constitution: Every individual is unique and are different from one another. Ayurveda understands these differences as Ayurvedic body constitution (Prakruti) which will help you to find the food, activities and treatments that are most suitable to you.
- Advises on diet and lifestyles that can help to maintain your health and recover from minor health issues.
- Ayurvedic medicines which can pacify your disturbed body constituents and regain your balance. Several Ayurvedic preparations are there to correct pathologies of various ailments and diseases.
- Ayurvedic massage, Sirodhara (rhythmic pouring of warm oil on forehead), Kizhi (massage using pouch prepared from herbs or powders), Pizhichil (rhythmic pouring of warm oil on whole body) and so on which can relax your mind, rejuvenate your skin, strengthen your muscles, nourish your bones and joints, stimulate your nerves and/ or act on specific diseases.
- Special purification / detoxification treatments of body called Panchakarma treatments.
- Detoxifying and rejuvenating treatments tailored according to your Ayurvedic body constitution, state of body, mind and season.
- Help you to find your inner balance and calms your mind through understanding your mind, various Ayurvedic treatments like Sirodhara (rhythmic pouring of warm oil on forehead), Shashtika Sali Pinda Sweda (pouch massage with medicated rice and milk), etc. yoga meditation and/ or Ayurvedic herbs.
Rafeena Kidavintavida provides Ayurvedic consultations and treatments in Parramatta, Sydney.