We all love to have soup which is very tasty that refreshes our mind. Minestrone soup is a healthy, delicious thick Italian soup which cooked with young vegetables. Minestrone added with spinach is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that boost your health. Enriched with flavonoids, it helps you fight against cholesterol and protect your body from free radicals. Spinach enriched with folate helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system and controls high blood pressure. This is healthy soup for spring and here I have given improvised in Ayurvedic way.
- Ghee : 1 tablespoon or coconut oil 2 tablespoons
- Yellow onion (chopped): 1 medium
- Celery with leaves (chopped): 2 stalks
- Garlic cloves (finely minced): 2 nos
- Zucchini (diced): medium
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cooked Cannellini beans / white bean: 1 cup
- Cooked Adzuki beans: 1 cup
- Ground pepper and sea salt : As needed
- Green beans (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces) : ½ pound
- Spinach (stems removed) – 10 ounces
- Coconut cream: half cup (optional)
- Fresh basil/parsley (chopped) – ¼ cup
How to Prepare
- Take a large pot/pan and heat it over medium-high flame. Add coconut oil and heat it. Then add onions, garlic, celery, zucchini, and bay leaf into it. Saute for 2 minutes add salt and pepper. Stir frequently and heat for up to 3 to 5 minutes
- Add garbanzo beans, white beans to the pot and cover it to boil.
- Add green beans into it and cook for another 8 minutes. Stir in spinach and coconut cream for 1 minute.
- Soup is now ready to serve in a soup bowl.
- Top each serving with basil/parsley.